July 26, 2017
Designing your tablescape is such a fun and exciting part of your overall wedding design. Of course you have your floral centerpieces, but there are plenty of other ways to add your personality to each table and create a breathtaking composition. Naturally, budget will play a role in the overall design and determinations, luckily there are very cost effective and simple ways to dress up your table! Your wedding planner will be able to style each place setting and create an overall composition representing your personality. Below are just a few ways wedding designers create gorgeous tablescapes.
- Napkin placement – Napkins are not just for cleaning up a mess, but can be used to enhance the look of each place. From flat fold to knotted or simply adding a ribbon, this a simple, cost effective way to add dimension or color.
- Candles – There are so many options with candles. From votives, to mercury holders, tapers and pillars. They are a simple way to jazz up your table. Mixing and matching is by far the best! A new fun trend – colored, tapered candles.
- Silverware, Dishware and Chargers – With dishware and silverware being essential to each place setting, this can be a natural way to add design to your place setting. With gold silverware, vintage plates, colorful chargers – aligning these pieces with other elements can take your look from basic to showstopping.
- Paper Goods – Menus, place cards and table numbers are all paper goods that could or need to be incorporated into your tablescape. And, excitingly, they don’t always need to be made of paper but instead, materials such as lucite, granite and linen are becoming popular ways to mix up your table. These are fun ways to incorporate color, texture and trends.
- Greenery or other items – A simple sprig of greenery placed on a napkin can be just the touch you need. It is cost effective, elegant and can dress up any simple, white, cotton napkin. Adding a piece of fruit, fresh flower, ribbon or other fun item can serve the same way!
Whatever you and your wedding planner decide on your place setting, some of the best advice is to start with a lot and pair your look down. As a wedding designer, preparing a few mock-up tablescapes ahead of time is a great way to capture your vision and communicate it with your client. Even one of these elements can drastically change the overall aesthetic of your wedding!